1. At temperature, T, a compound AB2(g) dissociates according to the reaction
2AB2(g)↔ 2AB(g) + B2(g)with a degree of dissociation x, which is small in compared with unity. What is the expression for x in terms of the equilibrium constant, Kp and the total pressure P.
2. For the reaction [Ag(CN)2]- ↔ Ag+ +2CN-, the equilibrium constant at 25°C is 4.0×10-19. Find the silver ion concentration in a solution which was originally 0.10 molar in KCN and 0.03 molar in AgNO3.
3. According to VSEPR theory, what is the type of hybridization in OF2?
4. The composition of a sample of wustite is Fe0.93O1.00. What percentage of the iron is present in the form of Fe(III)?
5. A is a binary compound of a univalent metal. 1.422 g of A reacts completely with 0.321 g of sulphur in an evacuated and sealed tube to give 1.743 g of a white crystalline solid B that forms a hydrated double salt, C with Al2(SO4)3. Identify A,B and C.
(Source: 1994 JEE Question Paper)