1. A sample of AgC1 was treated with 5.00 mL of 1.5 M Na2CO3 solution to give
Ag2CO3. The remaining solution contained 0.0026 g of C1- per litre. Calculate the solubility product of AgC1 (KspAg2CO3) = 8.2 x 10-12)
2. The rate constant for the first order decomposition of a certain reaction is
described by the equation
log (k/s-1) = 14.34 – (1.25 x 104 K)/T
What is the energy of activation for this reaction?
3. Compute the heat of formation of liquid methyl alcohol is kilojoules per mole,
using the following data. Heat of vaporization of liquid methyl alcohol = 38
kJ/mol. Heat of formation of gaseous atoms from the elements in their
standard states: H, 218 kJ/mol; C, 715 kJ/mol; O, 249 kJ/mol
Average bond energies:
C – H, 415 kJ/mol
C– O, 356 kJ/mol
O – H, 463 kJ/mol
4. To a 25 mL H2O2 solution, excess of acidified solution of potassium iodide
was added. The iodine liberated required 20 mL of 0.3 N sodium thiosulphate
solution. Calculate the volume strength of H2O2 solution.
5. Write balanced equation for
Treating phosphorus with concentrated nitric acid.