1. Give reasons: (SiH3)3N is a weaker base than (CH3)3N.
2. A 5.0 cm³ of H2O2 liberates 0.508 g of iodine from an acidified KI solution. Calculate the strength of H2O2 solution in terms of volume strength at STP.
3. 1,4-Pentadiene reacts with excess of HCl in the presence of benzoyl peroxide to give compound X which upon reaction with excess of Mg in dry ether forms Y. Compound Y on treatment with ethyl acetate followed by dilute acid yields Z. Identify the compounds X,Y and Z.
4. State whether the statement is true or false.
When PbO2 reacts with a dilute acid, it gives hydrogen peroxide.
5. State whether the statement is true or false.
Benzaldehyde undergoes aldol condensation in an alkaline medium
Sources: JEE 1995
JEE screening 1982