1. State true or false
The oxidation state of nitrogen in HN3 is –3.
2. Which of the following will undergo aldol condensation :
(A) acetaldehyde (B) propanaldehyde
(C) benzaldehyde (D) trideuteroactaldehyde
3. Decrease in atomic number is observed during :
(A) alpha emission (B) beta emission
(C) positron emission (D) electron capture.
4. Benzenediazonium chloride on reaction with phenol in weakly basic medium gives :
(A) diphenyl ether (B) p-hydroxyazobenzene
(C) chlorobenzene (D) benzene
5. Among the following compounds, the strongest acid is:
(A) HCCH (B) C6H6
(C) C2H6 (D) CH3OH
source 1998 JEE
2. Visit http://iit-jee-chemistry.blogspot.com/2008/02/aldehydes-ketones-aldol-condensation.html