Preparation, properties and reactions
Carboxylic acids: formation of esters, acid chlorides and amides, ester hydrolysis;
1. what is a carboxylic acid?
2. How do you prepare a carboxylic acid from primary alcohol?
3. How do you prepare carboxylic acid from alkylbenzene?
4. How do you prepare carboxylic acid from Grignard reagent?
5. How do you prepare carboxylic acid from nitriles?
6. Do the molecules of carboxylic acids exhibit hydrogen bonding?
7. Why is the boiling point of caroxylic acid higher than that of an alcohol of comparable molar mass?
8. why acqueous solutions of caroxylate salts are slightly alkaline?
9. How do you convert carboxylic acid into an ester?
10. How do you convert carboxylic acid into acid chloride?
11. How do you convert carboxylic acid into alcohol?
12. what is Hell-Volhard-Zelinsky reaction?
13. Explain how do you get alkane from sodium salt of carboxylic acid with an example.
14. what happens when you heat a calcium salt of carboxylic acid?
15. How do you get acetic anhydride?
16. What do you get from treatment of an ester with LiAIH-4 followed by acid hydrolysis?
17. Name the reactants that produce benzophenone on heating?
18. what are the differences between acetic acid and formic acid?
what are the products of reaction between formic acid and concentrated sulphuric acid?
19. How do you produce acetaphenone?
20. which compound is synthesized by Hell-Volhard-Zelinsky reaction?