Preparation, properties and reactions
Aldehydes and Ketones: oxidation, reduction, oxime and hydrazone formation;
aldol condensation, Perkin reaction;
haloform reaction and nucleophilic addition reactions (Grignard addition);
1. what are aldehydes?
2. what are ketones?
3. What is Gatterman reaction?
4. How do you reduce R-COCl to an aldehyde?
5. How do you get an aldehyde from methylbenzene?
6. How do you get ketone from alcohols?
7. What is the state of formalehyde as room temperature?
8. What is formalin?
9. Can you easily oxidize ketones?
10. Can you reduce aldehydes?
11. Can you reduce ketones?
12. What is Clemmensen reduction?
13. What is Wolff-Kishner reduction?
14. What is Cannizzaro reaction?
15. What is tollens reagent?
16.What is Fehling's solution?
17. What is Diels-Alder Reaction
18. What is Keto-Enol Tautomerism?
19 How do you get cyanohydrin from a ketone?
20. Give an example of aldol condensation.