Preparation, properties and reactions
Alkyl halides: rearrangement reactions of alkyl carbocation, Grignard reactions, nucleophilic substitution reactions;
1. Is the C-X bond in alkyl halides polar?
2. How does the bond strength change with increasing size of halogen atoms?
3 Between alkyl halides and corresponding alkanes whose boiling point is more?
4. How does the boiling point of alkyl halide change with size of the halogen atom?
5. How do you produce nitroalkane?
6. How do you produce isocyanide?
7. what is S-N-1 mechanism?
8. What is S-N-2 mechanism?
9. Give an example of converting an alkyl halide to alkene.
10. How do you produce Grignard reagent?
11. How do you prepare aryl halides by Friedel Crafts halogenation?
12. How do you prepare aryl halides by Sandmeyer reaction?
13. what is Schiemann reaction?
14. What is an aryl group?
15. Between aryl halides and alkyl halides which are more reactive to nucleophilic substitutin?
16. What is the major product when 2-bromobutane is treated with ethanolic KOH?
17. How many isomers does dibromobutane has?
18. what are the products of reaction between RMgX and ethyl formate?
19. what are the products of reaction between RMgX and water?
20. What is a Fittig reaction?
21. What does chlorination of toluene with excess of chlorine under the conditions of light and heat produce?
22. Is fluorination of benzene a exothermic reaction?
23. What is Wurtz-Fittig reaction?
24. What is Walden inversion?
25. In the reaction of p-chlorotoluene with KNH-2 in liquor Ammonia, what is the major product?
26. What happens to dipole moment as the size of the halogen atom increases in alkyl halides?
27. What is steric hindrance?
28. Are alkyl chlorides lighter than water?
29. What is Saytzeff rule?
30. What is benzenediazonium chloride?