1. What is the difference between hydrogen cyanide and hydrogen isocyanide?
2. What are cyanides and nitriles?
3. What isocyanides and isonitriles?
4. What is the hybridisation in cyanides?
5. What is an ambident group and is there an ambident group in cyanides?
6. What is the common system of nomenclature of cyanides?
7. What is the IUPAC system of nomenclature of cyanides?
8. What is the common system of nomenclature of isocyanides?
9. How are cyanides prepared:
a. From alkyl halides?
b. from acid amides?
c. from diazonium salts?
d. from aldoximes?
10. How are isocynaides prepared from from amines?
11. What are physical properties of cyanides and isocyanides?
12. Explain the following chemical properties of cyanides and isocyanides.
b. Reduction - (i) partial and (ii) complete
c. Reaction with Grignard's reagent
d. Addition reaction
13. What are the uses of alkyl cyanides and isocyanides?
14. How do you distinguish between ethyl cyanide and ethyl isocyanide?
15. What are the physical properties of ethyl cyanide and ethyl isocyanide?